Saturday, December 15, 2012

Further concepts- Nabil

The churchwarden has been reworked for a more organic look- the bowl cants forward instead of arcing backward.


As for the semi-warden, I had a bit of an epiphany. This idea came to me when I was thinking about a more dwarven pipe. Something elegant, yet structured. The bowl on this has a few similarities to the troll pipe. But I've dialed back the lines, less curved, more stalwart. Less organic, more architectural. The front and back of the bowl will have beautiful smooth arcs- I can show you with further sketches. The shank has an elegant, yet subtle flare, and the top and bottom of it share the elegant curves of the bowl itself. The shank extension is a bit of a new thought for me, a thin section of blackwood, followed by a light colored sliver, and then a slightly thicker section of blackwood. The gap between shank and stem is crossed by a piece of brass rod, polished to a high gloss. It'd create a totally awesome combo with a really dark stain, some glassy smooth surfaces, and possibly a spot of rustication. on the side panels. 


What do you think? Personally I love the direction of the semi-warden, and I think we've got something good dialed in for the troll pipe.

Just let me know!

Yeti


No comments:

Post a Comment